Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

FLOWER CROWN.


Dress - Forever21

Bag - Givenchy (Parfume)
Flower Crown - DIY
Shoes - Vince Camuto

I woke up this morning with a beaming smile, and I've got some fantastic news to share with all of you lovely readers! I am absolutely thrilled to announce that I've been featured on Scarves & Wraps for their 'Scarf Style: Top 10 Blogger Looks of July 2013'! The wonderful Jan, the owner, reached out to me about this, and somehow, I managed to snag the 8th spot. I must admit, every time I get featured on Chictopia for 'top today' or 'top week,' it fills me with so much excitement. But this is a whole new level of joy because someone discovered my blog and found it interesting. Your support means the world to me, and I'm so grateful for making my day brighter.

These past few days have been quite a whirlwind. I was out of town for a while, and then my boyfriend's car had to be sent for service, so I had to lend him mine. I felt a bit guilty that I couldn't share anything with you for a couple of days. I did try to take indoor pictures, but the lighting in my cozy space just didn't do justice to the outfits. You know, I'm all about those fabulous outdoor shots. While I was out shopping in Indy, I picked up a flower crown from Forever21. It cost me around 12 or 14 bucks for a simple headband. But here's the fun part: I also swung by the dollar store and grabbed a bunch of flowers to DIY my own crown. As expected, it was a blast, super easy, and budget-friendly!

Now, for today's look, I'm rocking a peplum dress I recently scored at Forever21. It was on sale, so I couldn't resist even though the waist area was a tad roomier than my usual size. Looking back at these pictures, I'm thinking a belt would have been a great idea to cinch in that waistline, but, honestly, I didn't feel the need at the time. Plus, I was in a bit of a belt dilemma – couldn't decide which one to go with! Oh well, maybe some alterations will help solve the belt situation for next time. What do you all think of this flower crown look? Love it or not so much?

Sending peace, love, and smiles your way!

3 comments: