Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MIRRORED AVIATOR.


Shirt - JFK airport, NYC
Belt - DKNY
Shorts - Macy's

Jacket - Abercrombie & Fitch
Bracelets - 18K Gold
Rings - Forever21
It looks like summer, but it already feels like fall is here. I'm not ready to tuck away my summer shorts just yet. So, I've decided to extend their life into the autumn season by experimenting with new combinations, even though that's not typically my style. I want to challenge myself to create fresh outfits from my wardrobe, so I'm giving it a shot.

I've got a soft spot for "I <3 ___" shirts, and they're always at the top of my must-buy list whenever my family embarks on a vacation. This time around, my sis picked one up for me during her trip to the Big Apple, New York City, along with a bunch of other NYC-themed goodies like "I <3 NY" pens, chocolates, and more. Come to think of it, she's been to NYC about 12 times, and I probably have a stash of 12 I <3 NY shirts tucked away in my storage box. Oh, Lord!

As the wind starts to get a bit chilly, I've opted for a denim on denim look and added my brand new mirrored aviator shades. The aviator shape might not be the best fit for my round face, but I'm in an experimental phase, trying to discover my style, so I went for it. Plus, they look super cool! I even felt a little like a badass cop.

I originally planned to pair this outfit with boots, but I couldn't resist embracing my feminine side. Let's be honest; I was a tad intimidated to go full-on edgy. After all, confidence is the key to rocking any outfit, isn't it? Oh, by the way, did you guys notice my cute neko "cat" ring? The ring set came with panda, bunny, and these adorable cat ears. I'm totally obsessed with girly, kawaii "cute" stuff and just couldn't resist. They are absolutely adorable!

The denim on denim trend is something I'd highly recommend, guys. This goes for all of you too! I'm pretty sure almost all of you have a jean jacket or shirt hidden somewhere in your closet, and who doesn't own a pair of jeans, right? Pairing them together is super easy. If you're a beginner, you can start by wearing a lighter shade on top and a darker one at the bottom. What do you think of this look?

Let's embrace the changing seasons with style and a little touch of sweetness, shall we?


1 comment: